Today’s post is my first ever guest post! Lisa is a friend and climbing buddy. We met at the gym about two years ago when I was a newbie climber. Lisa and her clan took me in and I’ve been climbing with them ever since.
Lisa continually inspires me, and when she told me about her “Fifty Fun Things” list, I asked if she would contribute a guest post. She obliged, and here it is. Enjoy, and be inspired!
I learned long ago that to make your birthday celebration perfect you need to seize control of it. When I realized my 50th was on the horizon, I knew I had to not only grab hold, but wrestle it to the ground.
I noticed a sign at the climbing gym. “VEGA trips, Devil’s Tower. ” My partner said “you should climb that.” I do listen to him. Then I noticed that one of the dates was my birthday. It was decided. So I asked a couple of my favorite gals and my favorite guide and we committed. We succeeded.
I had so much fun, I decided, why stop there? I will keep going!
Some folks have a bucket list, but that’s not for me. Why list the things you want to do? That is a lot of pressure. Heck, I am 50. If I think of something I want to do, I had better get to it, the clock is ticking. I would rather make a list of things that I have accomplished. But what kind of things? Epic adventures? Physically challenging things? Should I journal about it? Nope, best to keep it simple.
- Climb Devil’s Tower
- Kayak 50 miles on the Upper St. Croix with Sparky.
- Weld sculptures at Metal Madness in Meisville Minnesota
- Sleep in a log cabin with the Hens
- Watch the Reel Rock film festival with climbing buddies
- Sail the lower St. Croix with Mike, Richard and Chris.
- A Wedding with the Hens- First chick wedding.
- Climb at Taylors Falls with Carl, Richard, Amy, Aaron
- Canyoneer Water Canyon in Utah
- Ride ATV’s in the Desert
- Hike the Narrows of Zion Canyon
- Hike to Zion’s Observation Point
- Sandstone Ice Festival
- Blacksmithing at Johnny Mac’s with Sparky
- Turkey Trot with Dianne
- Vocal Jazz Concert in Duluth! That’s my boy!
- A surprise Christmas visit from Emily from Slovakia!
- Ski at Bridger Bowl with Linda, Carl and David
- Snowshoe at Hyalite Canyon near Bozeman Montana
- Soak at Norris Hot Springs in Montana
- The Last Women on the Edge Dogsled Trip
- Les Hiberant- Winter Camping on Sawbill with Johnny Mac and Sparky
- Climb Ice at sandstone with Johnny Mac and Dr. P, A Great Day.
- Boot Camp at Core Power!
- Pose for a figure drawing workshop
Much thanks to Lisa for the guest post. I’m looking forward to hearing about the last 25 that fill out the list!